4-H-er thread!

Pics
I am Coreene from Ohio and am a 4-H advisor for rabbits & sewing for our horse 4-H club in Wayne County. This will be the 1st. year for one of my grand kids to show chickens and 2 others do horses. We have 2 quarter horses 6 minis and now a flock od 38 chickens. Golden Buff, Cochin, Wyandott, Brahma, Sultun and silkies. We are excited with the eggs we have been getting and the laying hens are paying for the rest of the flock. Hope to hatch the chickens for the meat pen and more chickens for eggs. We have 3 cochin roosters and the eggs from the golden buffs should make a decent layer. Just waiting for warmer weather to get started.

This seems like the appropriate place to post this.... How do i getinto 4-H? Our fair is the Centre County Grange fair in Centre Hall, PA. I have been entering eggs in the adult categories and winning, but would like to do 4-H too. I have a horse too that i'd be interested in possibly showing....

I am Coreene from Ohio and am a 4-H advisor for rabbits & sewing for our horse 4-H club in Wayne County. This will be the 1st. year for one of my grand kids to show chickens and 2 others do horses. We have 2 quarter horses 6 minis and now a flock od 38 chickens. Golden Buff, Cochin, Wyandott, Brahma, Sultun and silkies. We are excited with the eggs we have been getting and the laying hens are paying for the rest of the flock. Hope to hatch the chickens for the meat pen and more chickens for eggs. We have 3 cochin roosters and the eggs from the golden buffs should make a decent layer. Just waiting for warmer weather to get started.

Hello! Good Luck Showing, I am starting to get birds conditioned for fair in june, But not Seriously yet... I don't think I am going to take very many, Probably two or three for showmanship, then one turkey for market.
This seems like the appropriate place to post this.... How do i getinto 4-H? Our fair is the Centre County Grange fair in Centre Hall, PA. I have been entering eggs in the adult categories and winning, but would like to do 4-H too. I have a horse too that i'd be interested in possibly showing....
I would Find a 4-H group that you would like to join, Find the leader, and Find out about joining in! Good Luck... by now its probably too late to show as part of your group at fair... It is in my county... I don't know if other countys have this rule

I am Coreene from Ohio and am a 4-H advisor for rabbits

Hello! Good Luck Showing, I am starting to get birds conditioned for fair in june, But not Seriously yet... I don't think I am going to take very many, Probably two or three for showmanship, then one turkey for market.

I would Find a 4-H group that you would like to join, Find the leader, and Find out about joining in! Good Luck... by now its probably too late to show as part of your group at fair... It is in my county... I don't know if other countys have this rule

Yeah, when i asked someone before, they said you had to be in by February.
Maybe next year....

Ohio's deadline is Around March 15 so call on monday and find out what your states requirement s are and ask for club listings. If you are too late to join this year still find the listings for the clubs in your area and visit their meetings th see which you like best.

Back
Top Bottom