4-H-er thread!

Pics
they are still on start, but i am going to start working on getting them on the next feed

Okay thanks
1f60a.png

My 8 year old daughter is interested in getting involved with 4-H and showing her Silkies. However is it necessary that the birds that the kids show are sold at the end of the exhibition? We wouldn't want to give up her hens after the show.

My 8 year old daughter is interested in getting involved with 4-H and showing her Silkies. However is it necessary that the birds that the kids show are sold at the end of the exhibition? We wouldn't want to give up her hens after the show.

I was wondering the same... :)

Honestly, it depends. My fair you don't have to sell even the market birds unless you are grand or reserve. The show birds were never required to be sold. You should ask your extension agency or the fair board where you are to see what is required.

not her silkies, make sure you are not entering her in any market classes, that usually requires you to sell the bird

Definitely check your Fair show rules. It varies from county to county. At our fair, the only birds that are required to be sold are the winning market birds, that is, Cornish crosses and Pekin ducks.

That's the same in our county, only the champion and reserve champion market birds have to be sold:)

Usually only meat pens are sold

Ok guys, I Finally learned how to show my birds showmanship, I will be taking a bird or two for the fair in june, along with my turkeys, and if there is a dairy goat show I will be taking my doe if there is. I will have to see what other divisions there are first.

Ok guys, I Finally learned how to show my birds showmanship, I will be taking a bird or two for the fair in june, along with my turkeys, and if there is a dairy goat show I will be taking my doe if there is. I will have to see what other divisions there are first.

That's great!

Back
Top Bottom