4-H-er thread!

Pics
Congratulations. From experience I've realized if Judges just see that one family is getting a lot of the awards they tend to want to share with other families. So sometimes they take away from what you may have gotten because your family got so much.

But great job.

Sometimes they do that.
But its only to 1 kid who enters about 30 projects....
Since my sister only entered 3 and got blues and I only entered 4 and got 3 blues.

I'm Olivia and I raise chickens and the occasional muscovy. I'm planning to raise old english game bantams as well, and I show my chickens. I'm going g to start poultry judging as well. This year my muscovy hen won best female Waterfowl, my muscovy Drake a first, my Silkie a second place, and my red sex link a first. 4-H is so fun!
1f603.png

-Liv

Last edited:
I'm Olivia and I raise chickens and the occasional muscovy. I'm planning to raise old english game bantams as well, and I show my chickens. I'm going g to start poultry judging as well. This year my muscovy hen won best female Waterfowl, my muscovy Drake a first, my Silkie a second place, and my red sex link a first. 4-H is so fun!
1f603.png

-Liv

Good job!

I wish my county had poultry judging! Honestly of we have land judging we should have poultry judging.

1f603.png

-Liv

hi! You know its fair season!

My son is doing Bourbon Reds as his 4-H project. He is selling a pen of 3 (1 male 2 hens) a pen has to be a minimum of 36 lbs. Right now they are at 30 lbs. He is feeding them 30 percent Purina show chow mixed with 8 oz. champion drive to 10lbs. of feed. Any ideas on how I can get the 6 lbs on them by next Wednesday?

My son is doing Bourbon Reds as his 4-H project. He is selling a pen of 3 (1 male 2 hens) a pen has to be a minimum of 36 lbs. Right now they are at 30 lbs. He is feeding them 30 percent Purina show chow mixed with 8 oz. champion drive to 10lbs. of feed. Any ideas on how I can get the 6 lbs on them by next Wednesday?

Whole corn is what gets my birds up to weight

I would be careful though with the whole corn in summer heat because it has so many carbs.

Try grinding up some 42% cat food.

Back
Top Bottom