4-H-er thread!

Pics
Hello everyone! My names Abbey and 4-H is a big passion of mine and my family. My mom is an advisor, my dad a co-advisor, and my brother and cousin are involved as well! :) I take Performance Goats (big ol' Boers) and a gaggle of miscellaneous projects including Why Trees Matter, Beyond the Grill, and Horseless Horse! At project book judging this year I got Superiors (highest rating) on all my projects, Premier Livestock Interviewer on Goats and Horseless Horse, First Place overall for Why Trees Matter (I opted to not go to State due to a show), Second Place overall for Beyond the Grill, and Second Place in our Goat Skillathon. I didn't place in any of my Performance classes at Fair, but my goats are still young and I have hope for next year. And while many people thought I did very well in Goat Showmanship I didn't place either, so the judge must have saw something no one else did, but again, there is next year and I hope to do better show wise. :) However, this summer we brought my goats to an Open Class Meat Goat Show (this way they wouldn't have to go to market, but we were curious to see how well they would do) and they placed 4 and 5 in their weight class. My cousin and brother show chickens and the breeds they show are Easter Eggers, Buff Orpingtons, and RSL's. I'm already eager to pick out my books for next year and start working! :p I look forward to reading about others 4-H experiences and possibly helping others as well! Here's some pics of my goats:

Elliot

Boog

Boog

Me showing Elliot at Open Class Show.

Hello everyone! My names Abbey and 4-H is a big passion of mine and my family. My mom is an advisor, my dad a co-advisor, and my brother and cousin are involved as well! :) I take Performance Goats (big ol' Boers) and a gaggle of miscellaneous projects including Why Trees Matter, Beyond the Grill, and Horseless Horse! At project book judging this year I got Superiors (highest rating) on all my projects, Premier Livestock Interviewer on Goats and Horseless Horse, First Place overall for Why Trees Matter (I opted to not go to State due to a show), Second Place overall for Beyond the Grill, and Second Place in our Goat Skillathon. I didn't place in any of my Performance classes at Fair, but my goats are still young and I have hope for next year. And while many people thought I did very well in Goat Showmanship I didn't place either, so the judge must have saw something no one else did, but again, there is next year and I hope to do better show wise. :) However, this summer we brought my goats to an Open Class Meat Goat Show (this way they wouldn't have to go to market, but we were curious to see how well they would do) and they placed 4 and 5 in their weight class. My cousin and brother show chickens and the breeds they show are Easter Eggers, Buff Orpingtons, and RSL's. I'm already eager to pick out my books for next year and start working! :p I look forward to reading about others 4-H experiences and possibly helping others as well! Here's some pics of my goats:

Elliot

Boog

Boog

Awwwww, your goats are adorable!

I have the first APA sanctioned show that Ive been to in a while tomorrow. Bringing 1 RIR, 2 ameraucanas, and a welsummer.

Thanks guys! My RIR won best in show in a 100 bird show so I should hope she can take home some award. The Ameraucana are nice, one that I am taking got reserve best pullet out of 30 pullets.

Of course, these are 4H shows and I suspect the competition will be much greater at an APA show. But I've got my fingers crossed! Makes all the conditioning and care worth it!

Thanks guys! My RIR won best in show in a 100 bird show so I should hope she can take home some award. The Ameraucana are nice, one that I am taking got reserve best pullet out of 30 pullets.

Of course, these are 4H shows and I suspect the competition will be much greater at an APA show. But I've got my fingers crossed! Makes all the conditioning and care worth it!
I hope they do well!

Elliot

Boog

Boog

Hey! Thanks for joining the thread! Boers are cool i am doing a market goat for next years fair

Back
Top Bottom