4-H-er thread!

Pics
Results from ND state fair!!!

My black cockerel received Best of Variety for cockerels and Reserve Champion Asiatic in the open show, and he was in the top 12 birds overall in the 4H show.
In the open show my blue pullet was reserve champion pullet, and was in the top 12 birds overall in the 4H show

View attachment 1095648 View attachment 1095646 View attachment 1095644 View attachment 1095625 View attachment 1095647 View attachment 1095635 View attachment 1095634 View attachment 1095633 View attachment 1095631 View attachment 1095629 View attachment 1095627 View attachment 1095632 View attachment 1095628 View attachment 1095630 View attachment 1095626

I do not feel like inserting all the pictures again:barnie

Yay I Love Layers! (That's a mouthful lol)

I can't wait to get a cockerel cock and start breeding!

Congrats to you and the Cochins!!

Fair went beautifully!! We got lots of purples and blues and our ducks as well, Mini and Herci pulled off great wins! Herci winning her class and Mini coming in second! Flip flop from last year when mini won and Herci got second (as young hens in heavy weight class)!;) Herci ended up winning reserve duck! My little roo, Mr. Stella did exceptional as well and if his tail wasn't a little rough from his fighting with Kiwi over the hens before we separated them into a rooster flock, I'm sure he would've won as well! Razzy (my red frizzle cochin cockerel) also won his class with a purple! Many other great accomplishments as well to all the other birds we brought, I might post all the other exact placings later! Oh and plus, I also pulled off winning intermediate showmanship!:wee

My granddaughter is in 4-H and loves it. Currently, she is showing a Chianina heifer. She lost interest in chickens, but I have a younger granddaughter who is to young for 4-H at this time. She loves feeding and watering chickens with me and is showing interest in the chickens. We raise American Game bantams which are not very popular at this time. I'm trying to change the image if the term "Game chickens". Ours are small, very docile and we try to spoil them. They get along very good and are pretty to look at. Good luck to you and all 4-H'ers.

ok guys, our 4-H club no longer has a poultry leader, so we stepped up. What are everyones favorite things to learn about in 4-H?? Oldest kid so far (other than me) is 12

What do you do if you're really, and I mean REALLY, shy around strangers (talking and making mistakes wise) but, you want to do showmanship?

What do you do if you're really, and I mean REALLY, shy around strangers (talking and making mistakes wise) but, you want to do showmanship?[/QUOTE
I used to be really shy, and then I joined sports as a 5th grader and came out of my shell. Especially this last year as a freshman in track and a sophomore in volleyball.
Honestly best thing to do would be to sign up, study a lot and just go and do it. What is the worst that could happen, 5ou say something wrong , which will not happen if you study.

Back
Top Bottom