4 Month old Silkies...help!

Andora,
There are some really nice folks in Winchester that sell eggs or chicks... Very good quality! I found them on EBay. Don't know if they're on here. I bought 10 babies for 50.00 back in May. They picked some very promising looking ones as I told them the son wants to show. Gave 1 away, lost 1, and out of the remaining 8 the son will be able to show 3 of them(meets the standard with no DQ) and the rest are very close and can be used as breeders. You can see the pics of them on my FB album "Silkies I'm keeping...". Are you on my friends list? Cynthia Nordlund Thrasher. Let me know if you want their info. I keep them updated on the Silkies monthly. They met me halfway so I gave them an extra 10.00 for gas and their time. Great folks!!

Have a great day!!
Cindy

What you guys do if you get too many silkie roosters? I would never eat them because I feel they are my little pets. But I wonder what others will do with sillkie roosters. I have one beautiful rooster to give away, if interested then just inbox me. I`m in New Jersey.

lol, they all look like pullets, but they are non-bearded and lower quality silkies, which I would never breed. You will just get more low quality birds from them. Buy some quality eggs and start over, if you want bearded silkies. Best of luck!

I made the same mistake as you and I regretted it, but I rehomed them, once I realized what poor quality my birds, I just gave mine away!

Could I get some help sexing my Silkie mixes? They were 3 months old in these pictures. Thanks a bunch! And I will try and get better pictures today of them and post those. -Jill
IMG_2865.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG
IMG_2879.JPG
IMG_2891.JPG

Back
Top Bottom