4 week old from Meyer Rare Breed Assortment

Updates?! Also couldn’t this bird be leucistic?
I don't have any very good recent pics but here it is at 13 weeks. It does have some darker blotchy areas coming in so I think it's definitely a splash Orpington. I know it looks female in the photos but I'm 90% sure it's a slow developing male. I need to get a picture with it standing next to an Orpington hen because its legs (and feet) are noticably thicker and longer even though its body is quite a bit smaller still. I've had slow to show orp boys in the past so I'm not letting this one fool me. Oh and it's a standoffish bully that my girls can't stand so until it lays an egg it's a chumpy little roo in my book :tongue

48713EE5-3BD0-497E-BBD1-D68191D03149.jpeg

Gooster is now 18 weeks old. All photos taken with adult hens for comparison. Comb and wattles are still unremarkable but legs are longer and thicker and feet are bigger than even my Jersey Giant hens which are the largest in my flock. It has also started growing long thin flowing neck feathers. :idunno

IMG_7243.jpg

IMG_7255.jpg

IMG_7420.jpg

IMG_7500.jpg

Gooster is now 18 weeks old. All photos taken with adult hens for comparison. Comb and wattles are still unremarkable but legs are longer and thicker and feet are bigger than even my Jersey Giant hens which are the largest in my flock. It has also started growing long thin flowing neck feathers. :idunno

View attachment 3250511

View attachment 3250512

View attachment 3250513

View attachment 3250515
Very safe to say it is a pullet. Appears to be a splash Orp. Were those available or listed when you ordered.

This little cutie is stumping me. She is from the Meyer Hatchery rare breed assortment. I thought maybe a splash maran but she has no markings still at 4 weeks and I don't think her leg/foot coloring is right. Sorry the photos aren't great but I'm hoping they are good enough. Thanks!

Breed possibilities according to the Meyer website:

"Mottled Ancona, Barnevelder, Blue (BBS) Andalusian, Blue (BBS) Laced Red Wyandotte, Dominique, Black Jersey Giant, Light and Dark Brahmas, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Speckled Sussex, Silver Spangled Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Black Sumatra, Partridge, White and Blue (BBS) Cochin, Silver Laced, White Crested Blue (BBS), White Crested Black, Blue (BB), Buff Laced and Golden Laced Polish, Black Copper, Blue Splash, Golden Cuckoo, Blue Birchen, Blue Copper, and Cuckoo Marans, Salmon Faverolles, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, White Sultan, Blue (BBS) Ameraucana, Blue (BBS), Jubilee, Black Split and Lavender Orpingtons, Heritage Barred and Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock, Mottled Houdan, Cream and Frost White Legbar, Swedish Flower, Egyptian Fayoumis, Partridge Penedesenca, Black Jersey Giant, Columbian and Blue (BBS) Laced Red Wyandottes. You may also receive some of our specialty hybrids such as the Olive Egger, Green Queen, Steele Egger, and other rare breeds as they are added to our rare breed offerings."

1.5 weeks old
View attachment 3128838

3 weeks old
View attachment 3128839

The rest of the photos are at 4 weeks old
View attachment 3128844

View attachment 3128840

View attachment 3128841

View attachment 3128843
Dang that's a kaaaaarge list of possibilities; geesh!!!!

Back
Top Bottom