4-week silkie cross with odd feathering - frizzle?

Leeloo7

Chirping
Apr 19, 2020
Hi there! I got this cute little silkie-cross a few weeks ago and her feathers are coming in at odd angles! She just turned four weeks. What type of feathering would grow in crooked like this where the feathers don’t lay flat against her body? I thought maybe she was a frizzle but from what I’ve seen online, those feathers curl up at the end and hers aren’t doing that, she just has some feathers that are growing straight out. Any idea on why her feathers are coming in like this? Is this typical of a silkie cross or is she just having a weird moment with her feathering? Would love any feedback on this little lady!

PS - I was told she’s most likely some sort of silkie cross (perhaps with a mille fleur) but the hatchery wasn’t totally sure. Any ideas what she could be? She’s got a fifth toe so either a silkie or salmon faverolle cross at the very least.

Attachments

• IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3026.jpeg
    IMG_3026.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2979.jpeg
    IMG_2979.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi there! I got this cute little silkie-cross a few weeks ago and her feathers are coming in at odd angles! She just turned four weeks. What type of feathering would grow in crooked like this where the feathers don’t lay flat against her body? I thought maybe she was a frizzle but from what I’ve seen online, those feathers curl up at the end and hers aren’t doing that, she just has some feathers that are growing straight out. Any idea on why her feathers are coming in like this? Is this typical of a silkie cross or is she just having a weird moment with her feathering? Would love any feedback on this little lady!

PS - I was told she’s most likely some sort of silkie cross (perhaps with a mille fleur) but the hatchery wasn’t totally sure. Any ideas what she could be? She’s got a fifth toe so either a silkie or salmon faverolle cross at the very least.
I don’t think thats a frizzle, looks to be hard feathered to me instead.

Back
Top Bottom