4 weeks?

orpingtonbabies

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 17, 2011
Is 4 weeks old enough to post pics for you guys.. I want to be sure of the genders and I'm not sure if you BYCers would just say "... uh we can't tell yet.."
I have 3 EE, 2 BO, and 3 silkies and I think they might be in that order (oldest to youngest) as far as age goes.. from the beginning I've believed the EEs to be a few days old when i got them and the silkies were newly arrived at the feed store the day i got them so they should only have been a day or 2.. The BOs seem just a bit younger than the EEs (they are by far the biggest and most feathered)
so when do you think you (as more experienced chicken people
hide.gif
) could tell? thanks! and I will post pics whenever you guys think that you could tell..
D.gif

Maybe on the EE's and BO's. No way to tell for probably 2 more months on the silkies.
tongue.png
I have 2 6 month old silkies I am pretty sure are pullets, but still waiting for their first eggs to be sure.

A little early to accurately tell. Give it a couple more weeks on the EE's and the BO's. From what I hear of sexing silkies, they'll be darn near laying before you know what you have.

Back
Top Bottom