4H Show Chicken

It is my understanding that you can show a mixed breed chicken in showmanship.

My 3 boys are joining 4-H this year. We went to our first meeting last week and have already been in contact with the leader for that project. We are picking up a used coop/run tonight and will spend the next few weeks cleaning and fixing it up before we get our new feathered friends! I'm not sure who is more excited, me or my 3 sons! :D

GOOD TO GO, let us know how they do...

At our 2014 fair, we had a Barnyard mix class that you could show wharever you wanted in. One of My silkie X EEs got reserve. I used the same bird for showmanship. If I is a mix, explaid the different parts of it even if there is no standard to compare it to.
This year, I plan on showing my Cornish X pullets in the barnyard class. Currently 9 weeks and around 2 lbs.

HI! I am in 4h chicken (along with rabbit and pig/swine) and really all you have to do is find someone in your comunity who is willing to come teach your son. My whole 4h group now knows how to show chooks because 3 kind 4h seniors who did chicken and rabbit all their life shoowed us and taught us with our birds for like 2 hours! Just ask your 4h leader or someone in your group who has done it for at least 3 years.
thumbsup.gif
D.gif
;)

I just got a Serama and a silkie to show at fair. I am also going to show my black sex link hen. I have a blue silkie pullet and a black speckled cockerel that I'm going to show as well. I am trying to figure out what i need to do between now and fair. I am in 4-H but am showing as an independent this year

I just got a Serama and a silkie to show at fair. I am also going to show my black sex link hen. I have a blue silkie pullet and a black speckled cockerel that I'm going to show as well. I am trying to figure out what i need to do between now and fair. I am in 4-H but am showing as an independent this year
Ok need explanation, what do you mean showing independent versus 4-H showing???

Yes this year I didn't sign up for poultry for some reason that i don't remember... lol I am showing independent this year but next year i am showing with 4-H

Red Star chickens would also be fairly good to show because i placed runner up champion on my Red Stars and i would really like to know a good way to keep them calm when i am holding them cause they are my pets as well as my show birds plz give me some advice i need it
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom