5.5 week old olive egger with dominant personality

ev-chicka

Chirping
May 21, 2019
EDA40602-7C0E-49C9-8FF1-7066A0A4D6C6.jpeg B8346FE1-D589-43D5-945F-B62F01D30150.jpeg 5.5 week old olive egger with a dominant personality that I am wondering about. I’ve recently put a small group of 4-6week olds in with a couple of 10 weeks olds and this little one stands up to their bullying and pecks back when the older girls try to assert themselves. Is it possible she’s just a dominant female or is that combing looking roo ish??
(I can post again in a few weeks but just thought I’d get some ideas - thank you!!)

View attachment 1877641 View attachment 1877642 5.5 week old olive egger with a dominant personality that I am wondering about. I’ve recently put a small group of 4-6week olds in with a couple of 10 weeks olds and this little one stands up to their bullying and pecks back when the older girls try to assert themselves. Is it possible she’s just a dominant female or is that combing looking roo ish??
(I can post again in a few weeks but just thought I’d get some ideas - thank you!!)
well-shes-a-guy-so-19310047.png

It
Is that comb pink already compared to others?

It has a hint of pink and blushes when I catch her. I only have 1 other Olive right now and her comb is very small and yellow, but I have had varying combs before on pullets - I just can’t quite tell if this one is getting big and wide like a cockerel since I have limited experience (I’ve never had a pea comb roo).

It

It has a hint of pink and blushes when I catch her. I only have 1 other Olive right now and her comb is very small and yellow, but I have had varying combs before on pullets - I just can’t quite tell if this one is getting big and wide like a cockerel since I have limited experience (I’ve never had a pea comb roo).
I think in the next week or two you will know for sure because it will turn bright red generally by 8 weeks if it's a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom