5 missing chickens

kmiller11

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 18, 2014
SE Pennsylvania
Every morning before i go to work i let my chickens out, they have been out back since march or april, and every night i put them away. Today was no different...i left for work and all 5 jumped out of the coop, now they are no where to be found.

I will note that a hawk flew from around that area when i got home, and it had a squrille in its claws.

So here is my next question if say a hawk got my chickens...how could it of been so hungry to eat 5 chickens and a squrille?

Hi there,
No feathers? no evidence of anything?.....I would be suspecting a 2 legged thief. It's possible a fox may have taken them, but 5 is an awful lot for 1 fox.......

I left the coop open over night...they were all in there this morning and all ok! They must of had an extremly good hiding spot, because i looked everywhere before it got dark last night

I left the coop open over night...they were all in there this morning and all ok! They must of had an extremly good hiding spot, because i looked everywhere before it got dark last night

Good that they are all safe........now to find out where the party was!
wink.png

Glad they are alright. I love happy endings. Your girls must have been smart enough to find good places to hide and stay there. I don't think a squirrel makes a very filling meal.

Back
Top Bottom