5 week slow feathering

Mysticfishtales

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 20, 2014
Connecticut

I got this little one in a laying mix. I am having a hard time figuring out the breed.
Also, does slow feathering always = roo?

Last edited:
That is a speckled Sussex. I have a three week old one that only has its wing feathers no tailfeathers no back feathers no just feathers my other different breed chickens are almostly fully feathered.

Mine was supposed to be sext female but I am suspicious as it's calm is larger than yours yet and pinkish red. Post a picture going in a couple of weeks and will see how it looks then.

I'm no expert, but I have a 6 week old bar rock pullet who is the spitting image. I've heard of "slow feathering", but, I'm starting to wonder if the poor thing will ever get feathers!

So I got my Barred Rock from My Pet Chicken and she is supposed to be female. But, she has a huge comb and its making me wonder... She turns 2 weeks on Aug. 3, Monday. Does anyone have an idea to what sex she is? I also read that hens develop their tail feathers around this age. She has a few, say like 3 little tail feathers. My other chicks, austrolorp, easter eggers, gl wyandotte, and golden buff all have more feathers, but not much.

So I got my Barred Rock from My Pet Chicken and she is supposed to be female. But, she has a huge comb and its making me wonder... She turns 2 weeks on Aug. 3, Monday. Does anyone have an idea to what sex she is? I also read that hens develop their tail feathers around this age. She has a few, say like 3 little tail feathers. My other chicks, austrolorp, easter eggers, gl wyandotte, and golden buff all have more feathers, but not much.

It's messy head spot makes me thinks it is a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom