(6)Pickled egg recipes

I am sure the other five are great but I couldn't make it past the first one. I just loved them, even my three year old daughter can not get enough. Thank you so much for sharing.

Just made my own recipe by combining several others. Here is mine!

12 eggs (boiled, chilled peeled)
1 onion (sliced thin)
3/4 tablespoon Dill Weed
3/4 tablespoon Celery Salt
3/4 tablespoon Mustard Seed
3 whole Peppercorns
3 whole Cloves
3 whole Coriander seeds
1 can Pickled Beets
1 cup White Vinegar
1 cup Water
2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic ( or 4 and a half cloves garlic)

Directions: Add all ingredients except beets and eggs in medium saucepan. Drain beet juice into same saucepan, eat the beets, or add them to mixture (if you prefer)
Boil mixture for 10 minutes. Simmer for 10 more. Then pack eggs into large glass jar. Pour mixture into jar. Cover. Refrigerate for 10 days. Dig in!

I make pickled beets, and I always put hard boiled eggs in with them. Leave them sit for several days and the eggs turn the prettiest pink, right through to the yolks, and boy are they tasty! (The pickled beets are yummy, too)

Anyone want that recipe? I'll post it if so, don't have it in front of me right now!

Just wondering if hensonly is still active and can post her recipe? Thanks.

Hey, I just got a chance to get online with my pickled eggs recipe that Sylviaanne wanted. It is actually my maternal grandmother's recipe.

1 can of beets, cooked and sliced 3/4 teaspoon salt
(I use my own garden beets instead) 1/4 cup water
1cup cider vinegar 8 hard boiled eggs
1/3 cup sugar

Put beets and juice in a saucepan. Add all ingredients except eggs. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Put in glass jar or bowl. Add eggs. Cover lightly. Refrigerate several days to let flavor develop and for eggs to absorb beet juice, then cover more tightly to prevent liquid from evaporating.

Hope you enjoy!

What a great thread!!!

I stumbled onto this thread looking for egg casserole recipes--I think my egg casserole just got derailed :)

I have used a very basic solution of salt and vinegar with some hot peppers to pickle eggs in the past and they turned out just fine. I can't wait to try adding some dill and mustard seed along with other flavors. I just need my hens to hurry up and get a couple weeks older so they can start making some eggs.

I will be trying this in the fall of '15. I just saw this and I can't believe that it never occurred to me that I could do such a thing. I have a recipe that I use for pickling beets in quart jars--what could it hurt to throw a couple eggs in some of the jars huh? Beets will be ready for preserving sometime in mid-August :)

I just shell hard-boiled eggs, place in a jar then add spiced pickling vinegar. That's it.

Occasionally, I pickle tea eggs - hard boil an egg, crack the shell all over but don't peel. Then place into tea with a handful of star anise and a cinnamon stick and simmer for 45 minutes. Leave them to steep overnight, then peel, when they look like this:

Then place in a jar and cover with cold pickling vinegar. If you leave them too long, the colour will fade.

Back
Top Bottom