6+ Pure Lav silkie and split lav silkie eggs-

Natalie! I'm so excited with the Silkie (black lav split) I hatched from your eggs last spring. My lovely Daisy just became a mama!
Daisyandbaby.jpg

Hope that photo works.
Just wanted to share some of my excitement and love for Daisy the Silkie!!
big_smile.png
tongue.png

Quote:
that is so totally awesome!!! My girls go broody at the drop of a dime! Luckily for the past 3 months they haven't been!!!! Daisy is fabulous!!! congrats!!!!! What is that cute white chick?
PS how many boys/girls did you get out of the 4 splits you hatched and what sex was that cochin -gosh I loved that cochin!
love.gif

Last edited:
The silkies were 3 boys and a girl. The Cochin was a girl... she was a fabulous hen, who unfortunately was attacked by a raccoon in July
sad.png

oh, and I don't really know what the white chick is... I got the eggs from a local farm with all reddish/buff chickens. I was desperate to find some possibly fertile eggs I just got them and took my chances.
Funny thing is another hen sat on those eggs for nearly 3 weeks, then I cleaned the coop and moved the nest 3 days before the hatch was due. She went back on the nest, but when I checked in the morning she was gone and the eggs were cold, but I left them there hoping for the best. Well, Daisy got broody again and took over sitting on the nest. I didn't expect a hatch really, and was shocked when I found that baby in there last night!

Daisy and the cochin (no name) were pals.. and they looked so odd together: small little black silkie and the big fluffy cochin hanging out together!

Last edited:
Quote:
Do it! Build them as furniture and he won't miss a beat!
big_smile.png

Okay, and I'll tell him it's your fault Meagan! lol

You can hide them in your garage or spare bedroom.... I hid an incubator in the guest bedroom!!!!
smile.png
Or I can hatch for you! and you can rescue them from me. I love no I adore these!

Back
Top Bottom