6 week old FBCM Greenfire/Davis ?

Jworm88

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 3, 2013
The new trio addition to the family. I received them today. With one that was all fluffed up and lethargic( she is doing better eating and drinking). And the other two were nice and healthy. First and second pic is a Roo and third is a hen. And they are friendly little birds.
Is it normal to see white in the feathering at this age? With BCM?

Last edited:
The new trio addition to the family. I received them today. With one that was all fluffed up and lethargic( she is doing better eating and drinking). And the other two were nice and healthy. First and second pic is a Roo and third is a hen. And they are friendly little birds.
Is it normal to see white in the feathering at this age? With BCM?

I have been working with Black Copper Marans for five years. It is usual to see white around the face and a feather or two on the wings but not all over the chest like your pullet has. Try posting on the Black Copper Marans or the Regular Marans thread for some more input. Lots of more experienced breeders than me over there :)

As said above, most solid black birds as adults will have some white fuzz around the face and will get a few white flight feathers that will molt out as they get their adult feathers in. I also haven't seen the white in the chest like that on any of my parents marans chicks (in blue or black)

I have raised several breeds of all black chickens and I have seen a few here and there with a bunch of white, but usually ends up that they are DQ birds because of white feathers that last in to adulthood. Im not a FBCM breeder though and every breed is different. I agree try posting in the breeding section where someone may have more specific experience :)

Back
Top Bottom