6 Week-Old Mallard Ducklings

ANightPerson

Songster
7 Years
Oct 22, 2016
Massachusetts
A duck nesting at my work died and we found her 6 babies wandering around so I took them in. They hatched about a week ago. They're wild mallards but I've had them since they were a day old so they won't be able to be released. I've been hand feeding them and giving them lots of attention so they're well socialized. They're on grain already and been getting lots of bugs.

I live in Philadelphia so I can't keep them much longer. I need someone to take them asap before they outgrow their bin. Looking for a good home for them.
20230612_133629.jpg

Attachments

• 20230615_201017.jpg
    20230615_201017.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 4
Darn, I wish you were closer - I've got a wildlife rehabber friend up here that would be perfect to take these guys - she does soft releases of wild birds on her own pond and feeds them if they don't go. She's got some Canada geese that stay with her year round, and a mallard drake.

A duck nesting at my work died and we found her 6 babies wandering around so I took them in. They hatched about a week ago. They're wild mallards but I've had them since they were a day old so they won't be able to be released. I've been hand feeding them and giving them lots of attention so they're well socialized. They're on grain already and been getting lots of bugs.

I live in Philadelphia so I can't keep them much longer. I need someone to take them asap before they outgrow their bin. Looking for a good home for them. View attachment 3543451
Too cute! Call your Ag Extension Office. They have the 4H contacts and may be able to find someone who can take these youngsters on.

Too cute! Call your Ag Extension Office. They have the 4H contacts and may be able to find someone who can take these youngsters on.
Darn, I wish you were closer - I've got a wildlife rehabber friend up here that would be perfect to take these guys - she does soft releases of wild birds on her own pond and feeds them if they don't go. She's got some Canada geese that stay with her year round, and a mallard drake.
Thank you guys, I found someone right on the way to my work who'll take them. He's got a nice farm and raised wild ducks and geese before. He said they usually fly away in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom