6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

ok I candled one egg! didnt see much however I DID see the air sac on this egg, maybe my fridge just is too humid but I def saw air sac in the egg I candled and back in the incubator it went

Seeing a nice clear air sac is great. That's about the only way you can see through some of those dark Olive eggs and marans eggs. I watch to see if they stay clear.

In reading the post I think everyone needs a chick fix for our addiction I hatched these December 4th. They are half NN of unknown pedigree. By a gold brahma roo. Only got five or 6 NN But all chicks are either yellow or chipmonk colored. She lay a nice brown egg and lots of them. Shes Buff colored.\ Do you think they are sex linked in any way. Hoping They all have feathered legs like the brahmas tooo
They are adorable. I have been thinking about hatching some naked necks in the spring.

I don't know that much about chicken genetics yet. I know that with rabbits, you can very safely breed a bunny back to it's parent no problem, but siblings are a no-no. And with dogs, you want to go one more generation still (so breeding back to a grandparent is okay, but parents and siblings are no good).
shoot. I sold their parents! AAAARRGGGGG
BUT I can always reborrow my hen from my friend ROFL jk

I love the Show Girls too.
900x900px-LL-c89b8cc9_005.jpeg
[/quote Very cute. I love showgirls.

i just have to share.....im too excited for these babies...milkshake and timothy will be the parents

SO EXCITED!

BTW Japanese bantam X splash silkie roo crossed with a partridge frizzle silkie

think ill get a frizzle out of this? or any silkied feathers? or no? 75% silkie 25% jap

Back
Top Bottom