7 mos old JGiant with bad watery poop!

Jhura

Chirping
May 14, 2023
I’ve got a seven month old Jersey giant that just started laying a few weeks ago. Well coincidentally around the same time, I noticed her poop has just been this splooty, watery mess! I sent in a sample to the state lab, who only test for parasites, and they said they didn’t find anything. She is on a scratch and peck organic crumble, a manna pro ultimate scratch, and sometimes organic Greek yogurt. She gets to free range here in the woods, and she is the only one with this condition.

I gave her a five day round of ivermectin, didn’t work. I did a safeguard worming for the whole flock, didn’t work. We also did corid, didn’t work. Crop feels good, empties, she’s growing really well, beautiful, active… I’m at a loss.. should I try nystatin? I’ve also given her poultry probiotics as well.

Could the bad poopy be related to reproductive issues? I don’t know how but I just seem coincidental this happen when she started laying… Or maybe I just missed it before, I don’t know. You can’t miss it though, because it’s a watery mess!!!

I would use a homogenous layer or all flock crumble and cut out the scratch grains. They can pick out the things they like best in a scratch and peck feed.
Or at least cut out the scratch. If she has no parasites, and you have tried worming, Corid, and she still has diarrhea, I would just give probiotics and check her crop to make sure that it is emptying overnight.

I agree with Eggcessive. Stop feeding her scratch and no yogurt at all. Give her plain boiled white rice to eat mixed in her feed for several days. The rice will help settle her guts.
Does she drink alot of water?

Back
Top Bottom