7 week old Blue Cochin Bantams

LPeaslee

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 9, 2014
Utah
Are both of these males?
This chick feathered out faster, and has significantly larger feathers on it's feet.

This one was slower to feather out and the foot feathers are noticeably smaller, if that has anything to do with gender.
This chick also seems to be a bit more flighty.

Yes, both are males. Cute little guys.
smile.png

That's what I was afraid of. l guess I'll need to re-home them, as i'm not allowed to have anything that crows.

It's now 100% confirmed #2 is a roo. I didn't think it hat they could crow at such a young age!
So my next question is, Does their little rusty squawk get any louder, as they grow older?

I have two cochin Roos and I hardly never hear them crow. I don't know if it's because they are quiet or if they just don't feel the need lol

When they do crow, is it loud?
I guess I just need to know if they are loud enough to draw complaint from the neighbors!

Last edited:
Not really. They are about a year old and I haven't heard them since they were young. That's why I'm not even sure if they do anymore. I love this breed, they are just so laid back, well mine are at least.

It must vary from Roo to Roo because I have one that is currently at a friends house and he can compete with the big boys anytime! That is why I had to take him away. I currently live in a residential neighborhood. Can't wait to move and get my Chocopo back! Good Luck re-homing them. I wish I could help you.
hugs.gif

When they do crow, is it loud?
I guess I just need to know if they are loud enough to draw complaint from the neighbors!
The only way you are going to find out is if you get any complaints. My suggestion is to let your neighbors know FIRST. Tell them that you want to tell you if they are bothered by the crowing and then you will have to consider your options.
sad.png
You might get lucky and have a bunch of people around you that grew up on a farm and miss the sound of the crow in the morning! Some enjoy it! My neighbor behind me, did not.
tongue.gif

I had to re-home both of them, they would gang up on any visitors and attack. My wife wouldn't go out to collect eggs without somthing with a long handle. They attacked my daughters, their friends and some poor kid my wife was babysitting. They never bothered me though.

Back
Top Bottom