73 yr. old man breaks dog out of shelter

Quote:
I agree. I feel bad for the dog, but if this man truly cared for his dog, he would have been much more responsible for him - again, the dog had been impounded before. It's just too bad the dog had to pay for his owners irresponsibility with it's life.

Quote:
I agree. I feel bad for the dog, but if this man truly cared for his dog, he would have been much more responsible for him - again, the dog had been impounded before. It's just too bad the dog had to pay for his owners irresponsibility with it's life.

I agree. Also, I think there must be a lot more to this story. The article was rather brief and seems to be missing a lot.

Quote:

I agree. Also, I think there must be a lot more to this story. The article was rather brief and seems to be missing a lot.

I sure hope so, that article sounded rather cold and heartless

I understand that people have to be more responsible, but there's much worse fates that dog could have condemned to. The dog could have been abused or neglected. The owner's acts were in the wrong and, I find, a bit unecessary.

But euthanized? Why????

unless that dog was vicious there was no reason it should of been put down, OMG just for running at large multiple times? That is the owners fault not the dogs. geesh, I am so glad I dont like in OK, between what happened with Ropo and her horse, then reading this, I just dont understand their ways of animal laws out there!

I am a foster home for the SPCA, there is a waiting list a mile long for small breed dogs, esp. Poodles, Chihuahuas, etc....

I agree that owners need to be more responsible. And, extrapolating from the fairly short article, the old man sounds like a grouchy, hardheaded old codger. Actually, he sounds like perhaps there are some beginnings of senility.
BUT... if the shelter was aware that he was in jail (and logically they would be aware as he was in jail for trying to break his dog out of that shelter), they knew that he could not come spring the dog. He was in jail and there would have been no way to get to the shelter to pay the fee. Perhaps the old man is alone and doesn't have anyone to go spring the dog for him. So for the shelter to put the dog down because the old man didn't come get him when they knew he was in jail and could not is vindictive and cold. Clearly the man is attached to the dog. It was worth going to jail for. To put the dog down (whose only crime seems to be a tendency to run off leash) seems a willfull act of hatefulness towards this old man.

(and yes, the old man should have kept the dog on a leash, shouldn't have tried to break the dog out, should have just paid the fine in the first place. But if he is on the beginning edges of senility he might think he was justified in his behaviours.)

Guess he should have turned every one loose an torched the place while he was there. Sounds like a pound with a bad person running it. Only thing I see the old man did wrong was chose the wrong get-a-way vehicle.... I suspect he may have grounds to sue the city for putting down his dog in the middle of a court case involving the dog. At the least it would be destruction of evidence. Once he serves time for assisting a jail break anyway.

Back
Top Bottom