8 week old silkie with a raspy voice

PNW keeper

Chirping
Mar 29, 2022
I have an 8 week old silkie (sex still to be determined) but ever since it was making any noises, its had a raspy voice. It has no problems otherwise.. eating, socializing, foraging in the run, pooping.. all seem to be normal. Is this something I should be concerned about or can I just chalk it up to personality character? My two other silkie chicks from the same batch do not have this quality.

Another thought, if it is cockerel, maybe its crows will be more subdued? Wishful thinking I'm sure. 😝

If it is breathing without rasping or mouth gaping, then I *should think* this is just an individualized characteristic...and likely a sign of cockerel.

My thoughts.
LofMc

If it is breathing without rasping or mouth gaping, then I *should think* this is just an individualized characteristic...and likely a sign of cockerel.

My thoughts.
LofMc
That’s interesting you say that. Even without pics. I had another post of all my silkies to have others guess sex and this one with the rasp got a lot of cockerel responses. I’m even more convinced of it now.

Back
Top Bottom