8 x 16 Pallet chicken run.

A side view of the run where it connects to a pallet fence .I'll be adding an electric fence to keep predators off the sides and the top (which only has netting)

Attachments

• WP_20210811_16_14_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210811_16_14_06_Pro.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 19
Tail feathers are meaningless. At 18 weeks a cockerel should be sporting male saddle feathers and I don't see them.

View attachment 2794278
Thank you! You are 100% correct! She has no saddles and her tail feathers don't make a high arc! Because I have no rooster to compare her to it helps to get the opinions from people more experienced and knowledgeable than myself! I'm relieved to discover I have NO roosters in my flock!:woot

Last edited:
8 x 16 ft enclosed run for 6 hens.Everything used in this project was recycled,repurposed or used( concrete blocks, construction waste and pallets) The screws, staples, latches, hinges,hardware cloth, heavy duty netting and bag of calcium hydroxide were my only expenses around$300. The top will temporarily be covered with netting until I get up another roll of hardware cloth for the top and apron.

I'm hoping to add 5-6 strands of electric fence around the sides after it is done due to the many predators we have( weasels, owls, hawks, raccoons,coyotes,bears )
👍🏼

Thank you buy
Really great looking. You could go into business!! :thumbsup
Thank you for the wonderful compliment! If wasn't retired I couldn't have done it! It's amazing what you can do when you don't have to work a regular job . I'll just be happy to finally get it finished after working on it all spring and summer long!I patched holes all day today trying to make it predator proof with the chickens in it lol

Back
Top Bottom