99° heat index is 120° 🥵

Ya'll are doing great! My girls have frozen treats, water mist and their "swim pool" to get feet wet. Still receiving eggs...God bless all our girls! Very soon the snow will fly and we will be here with a whole new set of ideas!
🙂👍
Wow! That is some HOT weather! We are in the 90's here in Northern California. You most definitely are keeping your hens content if they are still giving you all those eggs. That is great! What breed of chickens do you have?

Wow! That is some HOT weather! We are in the 90's here in Northern California. You most definitely are keeping your hens content if they are still giving you all those eggs. That is great! What breed of chickens do you have?
I have Hilines, Americauna, Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex
I gave them some frozen canteloupe rind today! They are my darlings!
Also give soldier worms for calcium.
🧡🩷💙

I have been hot here too. She put big high velocity fan on end of run and I make mud puddles with hose. Change water regularly, check on them. I did start to give them cold wet mash but they still are not laying great. Weather finally broke went from 98 to 75 in 3 hours. They are SO HAPPY. So nice to see them be normal non- panting chickens again.

I have been hot here too. She put big high velocity fan on end of run and I make mud puddles with hose. Change water regularly, check on them. I did start to give them cold wet mash but they still are not laying great. Weather finally broke went from 98 to 75 in 3 hours. They are SO HAPPY. So nice to see them be normal non- panting chickens again.
Happy to hear!!! 👍😁💙

Back
Top Bottom