A 4th rooster!

LoveThemBirds

Songster
Feb 23, 2015
Petting Buffy Like a Dog
I strongly hope not!

Ok,here is the story.

I was outside playing with my birds.Falcon,a barred rock had jumped onto a roost right by his/her twin.And guess what,he dropped his wing and acted very dominant!I have had roosters do that (But its normal for them!).I do have a domiant BO who has done that to me before,and generally when she chases hens off she'll drop her wing and run at them.

Do you think Falcons a cockeral?

He isn't aggressive,but on occasions hens have jumped up next to him on the feed can,and he/she pecked at their heads,but they have no real reaction.Sometimes He/She will growl when I go to pet her/He.Cherry red comb,and waddles.

I strongly hope not!

Ok,here is the story.

I was outside playing with my birds.Falcon,a barred rock had jumped onto a roost right by his/her twin.And guess what,he dropped his wing and acted very dominant!I have had roosters do that (But its normal for them!).I do have  a  domiant BO who has done that to me before,and generally when she chases hens off she'll drop her wing and  run at them.

Do you think Falcons a cockeral?

He isn't aggressive,but on occasions hens have jumped up next to him on the feed can,and he/she pecked at their heads,but they have no real reaction.Sometimes He/She will growl when I go to pet her/He.Cherry red comb,and waddles.
How old and can you upload a picture of it?

Here's a picture of our "surprise" cockerel at 8 to 9 weeks. If your chicken was this red before it was 10 weeks old, chances are it's a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom