A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ralphie, I think you need to start preparing the coffee supplies ahead of time so all you have to do is brew & drink.

BUT why do I have a wife if I have to do that?

hide.gif

Actually the error was mine.

I like Peruvian Organic dark roast coffee.

I know most people think all coffee is alike. To me it is not. It is like slipping me a Mike's and telling me it is a Corona. I can tell the difference.

When I saw the Peruvian coffee on amazon 5 pounds for 50 bucks I clicked without reading the details.

When I got the beans I was PO'd at myself. I had to go buy a grinder. Then I roasted the first cup and had to spit it out. It was so weak my Mom would not have even liked it.

I thought I would have to choke down the bad beans. I was telling my Brother about how bad it was. He got his Doctorate from the University of Hawaii and had a friend that was a coffee roaster. His friend had told him years ago if you get a bad roasted bean, just put it in a frying pan and roast it more.

I was skeptical it would work. It does! and the freshly re-roasted beans smell so good when ground..

Oh Ralph, you better find a real chair to hide under!

I have coffee brewing as we speak. I am not a fan of the fancy Keurig. I like to be able to drink an entire pot of coffee throughout the day. And in the summer, I like it to be cold.
But, I am a bit of a snob about my coffee. It has to be dark roasted and balanced. I don't like drinking an whole pot of bitter/acidic coffee.

I hope your day turns around.

Feisty- I wonder what on earth Turkules did?! And how funny that the cat is being chased!

All 3 turkeys gang up on the dog at least once a day. But it is less out of annoyance now, and more out of wanting to play. They try to get me to play too. I love turkeys.

Well, Ralphie I would say your wife is gonna tell you the same thing I am: "You screwed up & made this coffee more work than it should have been...therefore, it's your problem." I don't drink coffee, so the coffee is ALWAYS the other person's problem...lol

I told you about my Hen beating the crap out of my dog, didn't I?

If not here it is, If I did oh well, I am old and can repeat myself..

The hen had just brought out her 6 chicks (chickens) that she hatched. Ed is very protective of the flock, including new chicks. He was standing between myself and the hen with chicks. Ed got too close to the chicks and the Hen lost it.

She chased Ed like a wolverine squawking and screaming, wings flapping. Ed is protective but not dumb, He ran. He ran by Ernie who was minding his own business eating treats. The Hen stopped chasing Ed and jumped Ernie, Ernie ran. Ernie ran by JJ who was eating his treats. She dropped Ernie and chased JJ. JJ ran past the dog. The dog was lying on her back with a bone in her mouth and playing with it with her front paws. Not paying the least attention to the birds.

The Hen jumped on the dogs stomach and beat the poop out of her then went back to her chicks. The dog was so shocked she had no idea what had just happened or why.

The DW and I laughed through another Mikes on that!

I will have to try the frying pan trick. And maybe purposely buy a blonde roasted coffee. Really just for the smell. I love the smell of coffee.

I was disappointed in the smell of the roasting coffee, it is not like the stuff at the roasting places.. BUT when freshly ground it is so good.

BTW how can you claim to be a coffee snob and not like a Kuerig coffee? I make it by the pot, I have a 2.0 that makes 5 cups at a time.

I hate cold coffee,,,YUCKY!

Last edited:
Well, Ralphie I would say your wife is gonna tell you the same thing I am: "You screwed up & made this coffee more work than it should have been...therefore, it's your problem." I don't drink coffee, so the coffee is ALWAYS the other person's problem...lol

I use to be addicted to coffee. back in my 20's and early 30's. I went cold turkey and gave it up. The Doc asked me how much coffee I drank a day and I said 8-10. He said no one should have more than 2 cups a day...I then said "Oh, you meant cups, I was talking pots"..

So I gave it up. When I hit 55 I decided I lived long enough so I am addicted again. I now drink more than ever. I love my coffee, but it has to be good hot and strong and Black!

Back
Top Bottom