A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

How old are they? I think I would still say tricolor pencil palm. Look like my tricolors but a touch darker. A little weak in pencil markings. This is Carmel(first tom)Maple(second tom) and Cinnamon(hen)

Attachments

• Maple b1b1cgcgnnRrpnpn.jpeg
    Maple b1b1cgcgnnRrpnpn.jpeg
    965.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Maple and Cinnamon Tricolor.jpeg
    Maple and Cinnamon Tricolor.jpeg
    708 KB · Views: 9
Back to being dangerously hot again. Bummer. So surprised my chicken & turkey egg count hasn't dropped in this heat. Maybe the wading pools & fans are helping. It's so hot & humid...I feel so bad for them! Every birds is panting....

Wow...just beautiful! Are Phil & Lil going to be as sweet as Cuddles & Romeo?

Turkey Times....gorgeous!

I'm so jealous of those amazing colors!!

Thank you :) So far, they're well on their way to bring a sweet as Romeo and Cuddles. Especially Phil. Lil is less snuggly but still approachable and petable. Mister always tries to shove Phil out of the way when I'm giving attention lol

Mister wants his share of attention! Before getting my turkeys I would never have believed they could be "snuggly ". (R2elk is rolling his eyes at us turkey snugglers!) I think that's what fascinates my neighbors....huggable turkeys! Especially when they see their kids with Daisy. I do have to explain to them I spend a lot of time with my birds. Not all are so user friendly. One of my biggest pet peeves is adults letting children walk up to dogs assuming they are friendly & like kids. I dont have kids. My dogs are not used to kids. I sort of remind kids & parents to ask before hugging turkeys like you would before petting someone's dog. LOL!

They love the sprinklers! It's hilarious to watch them run through it and try to drink right from the nozzle, silly birds.

I love my huggable turkeys! They can be so affectionate. Really wouldn't have expected that from a bird lol.

Two of our poults left here last night with a man and his lady. Of course since they were havin company NO ONE was abed up the hill. Silly critters! They were all hangin out on the goat play thing like oh yea we were waitin for you to come. Big sister had a FIT an absolute fit and stranger dangers. It was pretty comical... the lady kept lookin at sister. I am not sure if she was thinkin sister was gonna chase her or thinkin that oh hell i do not want these birds we are pickin up to get THIS loud. Lol! Then. We let them pick which poults they wanted... looked like a clown circus with the man tryin hold one and lady was like uhhh nope nope nope. It was great fun at nine at night.

THE best part... he said he was gonna let them run with the chickens after they were quarantined and out of his mouth.... no i do not have blackhead at my place. Ok buddy got it. Hahahah. No ya doof.. you have never had turks before so you do not really know that you dont have it so jus watch very closely. I was nice about it but jus wanted laugh in the poor mans face and go... yer chickens can carry it and be jus fine but the turks will suffer. Maybe since he is only growin em til thanksgivin he wont have problems. But i told him to look a bit more into blackhead before he let everyone run amok together. I feel like we did our good deed in tellin him.

PolarBerry....any way to add a fan to move air around.
Aurora...would love to see close ups of the feathers on Phil & Lil...if you get a chance. I'm intrigued by their color/pattern too.

Their coop is much cooler than outside at least. Yesterday was just as warm and one of the semi broody hens decided to leave the pile leaving two. And they seem to be taking turns. Their waterer is close by and I’ve seen them swap out to go get drinks so they seem to be doing ok so far. Once we get into hot-hot weather I’ll do my best to discourage broodiness (if I can).

Back
Top Bottom