A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Or better yet....those that claim they can "talk" to animals.

Stopped at a local department store today to pick up a new lipstick. (The extent of my preparations for my nephews wedding this weekend.) I knew what I wanted, gal at the makeup counter was ringing me up. She kept staring at me. Little odd. All of a sudden she blurts out "are you the girl with the turkeys"??? Seems her boyfriend lives around the corner from me & they have seen us on our walks. Undoubtedly one of the oddest conversations ever conducted at the Bobby Brown makeup counter ensued. I should have bought the girls some nail polish!

Lol, that's awesome! You should paint the girl's nails!

Hey guys took in a orphaned turkey thats been alone for awhile. I just noticed his feet. What's wrong. Bumble foot? Hes two.

Attachments

• 20180808_181017.jpg
    20180808_181017.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180808_181023.jpg
    20180808_181023.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 9
I'll try tomorrow. There's no black scabs that I can see but I know they could be covered in dirt. His toes almost look twisted. But her gets around really well. No limping at all.

He's pretty. Likes our boots a little to much but otherwise very nice. He's a red I believe.View attachment 1497664 View attachment 1497665

He's a very pretty bourbon red boy. Can't really tell much on the feet from the angle but no matter what, he could really benefit from a warm Epsom salt water foot soak. A little peppermint essential oil added to the water if you have any will help soothe and cool his feet too with the added benefit of killing/repelling any scaley leg mites if he has them. Make the water very warm but not warm enough to burn him and keep him in it at least 20 minutes. You'll need to check the bottoms of his feet too see if he has bumble foot.

So my little Angelica (semi penciled royal palm) has suddenly over the past week or two strongly bonded to me. She starts fussing and whining when she sees me and tries to get to me. I was working on the outside of the fence today and she tried, valiently to climb the fence. She didn't make it but still splattered me with poopy mud :sick The other day when I was closing the coops for the night, I took too long talking to Phil and not paying attention to her that she flew up and climbed up my back and on to my head lol. She's turning in to a little brat! But I love her to death :) The baby from the broody bunch is still very skittish and doesn't want me messing with her though at bedtime she's tired, it's not too hard to get to her.

He's very friendly. Needs a girlfriend but I can pick him up and pet him. I'll get his feet soaked. His last owner said his feet had always been like that. My vet vouched for her so maybe a birth defect. I'll get better pics tomorrow. Still getting to know him and didnt want to push it to far.

Glad he's friendly Yooper. Sure does make it easy when you have to handle them for some reason.
Angelica... cute name! Another wanna be lapper sounds like! Love it. Your flock sure has some sweet birds.

Had the girls pen door opened after our walk. Annie had to lay & Daisy was just kind of hanging out with me. So thought I'd let her dink around in my garden while Annie was busy. Got busy in the house. Forget to tuck them in. Found Daisy snoring on my back porch rail. Annie went to her roost. Had to haul her big turkey butt down to the pen. She just trilled the whole way. Turkeys are just funny....

Back
Top Bottom