A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

You know, it really shouldn't take 30 minutes to turn off a light and grab a food dish but every night, without fail, I end up spending a good half hour in the turkey coop. Between Angelica, Phil, and Cuddles, I can't get anything done! The three of them are so demanding for attention and then Romeo has to try to dominate Phil because I'm loving him up. Angelica is constantly trying to force her little head under my arm, on my chest, against my neck, wherever she can get to. Phil is the same way. Tonight he was laying on the bench in the coop (about belly button height) and has his neck straightened the whole way up against my chest. He actually started to fall asleep and his head was lolling backwards. He looked like he was dying! I had to wake him up cause he was freaking me out lol. Silly birds!

Aurora...you've got cool birds! It amazes me how much my girls love attention. Here is a hideous picture of Daisy getting a neck rub. Wasn't going to post this....but reminded me of your Phil story.
20170711_185657.jpg

Oh Ralphie....you've missed so much! Lots of cute bugged eyed babies. Some with mysterious colors...origins unknown. Lots of crazy broody hens...the Silver Snake. Lots of wonderful momma birds...we learned sometimes it takes a village! Birds being silly, birds being sweet, birds acting like pigeons. Kathy even picked up some fun turkey poop trivia. We've been having a fun summer!

Aurora...you've got cool birds! It amazes me how much my girls love attention. Here is a hideous picture of Daisy getting a neck rub. Wasn't going to post this....but reminded me of your Phil story.
View attachment 1498849

Yep, that's the face lol! I tried to get a picture of the way he was snuggling but it was impossible to get a good angle, especially since Romeo has decided to take action against my loving on another boy lol. I did get this one though. The broody's baby doesn't care who she snuggles with at night. Here she is with the BBB, Chunk. That's Mary standing guard over them both lol. She seems to be the most caring and accepting of the 3 moms. Princess had gotten done pecking Chunk in the head for this. Hard to see, but that's Angelica under the roost. Chunk has definitely passed her up in size. She's a couple weeks older than he is but he's growing like a weed!

IMG_20180809_210109.jpg

I wasnt going to post that pic (not a flattering shot ) but I knew immediately Phil had the " oh it feels so good" look on his face! Look at that little guy cuddled up with Chunk! That is the best cared for poult!

I finally got most of my gang in one pic.
2018-08-10 20.09.26.jpg
well kind-of.... lol
20180810_191055-1.jpg
I am still tryin to decide gender on most of the young ones..... stilts is definitely a hen ( she is laying), squeeker is a Tom I think, but I am still up in the air over romeo and juliet as well as spudley. I think jack may be a Tom and little bit is too little to guess. All in all I am happy with my crazy bunch of turkeys!

Attachments

• 20180810_191040-1.jpg
    20180810_191040-1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom