A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My nosy nellies up for a visit this mornin.

5E53EDA5-E7D7-4648-8BFA-57421BD42B6D.jpeg

Oh yay me... two of the toms have flow pox. Ugh! It seems to be wet. I thought one of them was workin on a sinus inf so i have watched him for two days. His eyes were swollen. The yesterday i saw the yuck more and today his eyes are almost swollen shut and his noggin looks pittiful now as well. The other tom was fine til this mornin when i went up and now he has three swollen yuck lookin caruncles on his head.

These giys were gonna be thanksgivin anyway. So is it safe to go on butcher them now to possibly stop this? Plus clean the coop again... it was just done really good last week. :(. And. Is it safe to eat them?

Ok, gotta ask, how'd you do ralphie? If I lived there I'd vote for you.... P.s. if I knew how to look it up I wouldn't have asked.
I lost big time.....The lies that surfaced in the last week were amazing. I spent all my time trying to convince people I was not a wife beating Adolph Hitler clone.

Unfortunately, people do not do any research when voting. They simply vote for a party and not the person. We ended up with a liar, cheat and drunkard being elected, who was in a bar fight 3 weeks ago, and even lied about that.....It amazes me he sad state of affairs in our politics. I am more convinced than ever we need to rid ourselves of political parties. They exist to further themselves and not make life better for us.

Enough politics...... I will be removing several turkey heads this next week....The two sitting on the wild bird feeders and emptying them will be first on the list.......dang birds!

I am so sorry ralphie! My uncle ran for a charoltte office last year and the same thing happened there as well. The ones that usually put hp the most nasty are the ones tryin cover up things i think. Same here this go round. One lady that got it here was horrible and she had done the most nasty as well.

Is it sad my turkeys are laying as well as my chickens? I’ve gotten 4 chicken eggs in the last week from ten hens (not molting, just free loaders) and 3.5 turkey eggs from 5 turkey hens in the same timeframe. (Newest hen laid me a turkey fairy egg, lol)

I even upped the protein in their food!

My favorite birds go turkeys, ducks, then the dang chickens... good thing chicken tastes good!

Also tired of dragging around the meat bird tractor in the muddy ground to get them grass so also counting down the days until they go to freezer camp. Egg chickens better watch out or they may go too!

Hahahaha. You almost sound like me! Out of 30 chickens i am averagin 8 eggs a day! Crazy! And yes we have kept them in for a day to make sure they arent hidin the eggs. The weather has been crazy here this year plus 22 of iur birds are at the molting age and stage plus now short days. Ugh! Hubby is doin rabbits today.... i seriously thought bout tellin him to pick out older birds and do too. But that is just a way different process to do. So i kept my mouth shut. I am gettin bout four eggs a week still from one of the turks. Only four hens are old enough for layin.... one is bad molty, one was bad molty, the other hasnt laid since she raised babies. Bunch of free loaders.

Back
Top Bottom