A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My Turkeys ignore the cats. Of course, they are conditioned to each other as they live in the same building.

Even when outside I will see the cat rubbing her back against the turkey's legs and breast and the turkeys tolerating it.

No movement in the house turkey egg as of yet.
The cats keep an eye out for the turkeys since the turkeys will approach them en masse while talking loudly.

The guineas will follow and scream at cats as they walk by their perimeter fence.

The cats keep an eye out for the turkeys since the turkeys will approach them en masse while talking loudly.

The guineas will follow and scream at cats as they walk by their perimeter fence.
However, if we are being completely honest, there is not much a guinea will not scream at....

However, if we are being completely honest, there is not much a guinea will not scream at....
I keep a live trap set all the time. Whenever their is a skunk, raccoon or even a cat in the trap the guineas will stand at the fence craning their necks and will not make any sound at all.

I found a nest with 9 turkey eggs in it today...

All but one was frozen and cracked. I cannot believe how well they can hide a nest in plain view. I think I picked a half dozen good turkey eggs today.

I will have my turkeys hatched before I get my chickens hatched this year...weird year here in the Banana Belt.

Frozen tundra last week with -10°. Now this week is high 40s-50s, rain and a muddy mess everywhere. It's so very confusing! I'm hoping for a dry year this year. Last year was nothing but rain, cool weather, and mud. I'm ready for semi drought weather lol
Oh darling here it was so dry that another dry year will likely shut down most of the water for agriculture..... meaning lots of folks in my area would turn belly up.... we saw some of that last year even on farms and ranches that had been around for long times...... scary.

Oh darling here it was so dry that another dry year will likely shut down most of the water for agriculture..... meaning lots of folks in my area would turn belly up.... we saw some of that last year even on farms and ranches that had been around for long times...... scary.

Sorry it was so dry there :( I would have gladly shared our wet weather with you last summer. It was so wet and miserable. Crops had to be replanted in a lot of fields because the seeds rotted out. Everything was harvested late because the rain was constant and the mud extreme. They didn't even get the snow fences up this year and I'm assuming that's because the crops were still in the ground for so long. Isn't it weird how both extremes can be happening at the same time in different areas? I hope you get the rain that you need this year!

Sorry it was so dry there :( I would have gladly shared our wet weather with you last summer. It was so wet and miserable. Crops had to be replanted in a lot of fields because the seeds rotted out. Everything was harvested late because the rain was constant and the mud extreme. They didn't even get the snow fences up this year and I'm assuming that's because the crops were still in the ground for so long. Isn't it weird how both extremes can be happening at the same time in different areas? I hope you get the rain that you need this year!
we don't usually get our water in rain form..... more snow then water when it melts. We are one of the head wasters for the Colorado river so a Lot of water has to run by us to take care of states lower down the river..... so far this year it's looking up..... but we have a Lot of catching up to do from last year. Many of our damns are Very low.... lol I would have taken any extra water you wanted to share last year

Back
Top Bottom