A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Walking down the drive with the girls and came beak to whiskers with a cat. The chase was on. The girls ran that cat down the street before I could wrangle them back into the yard. Quite the sight....a scaredy cat, followed by two turkeys, followed by one screaming woman.

Walking down the drive with the girls and came beak to whiskers with a cat. The chase was on. The girls ran that cat down the street before I could wrangle them back into the yard. Quite the sight....a scaredy cat, followed by two turkeys, followed by one screaming woman.

:lau How far did they get before you caught them? I can only imagine the sight that was! :gig

Caught up with them two doors down. What's the deal with cats? This is about the third time they've chased or cornered a cat. They instantly go into attack mode when they see a cat.
Cats will kill and eat poults. Turkeys know this and instinctively hate cats. Poults are delicacies to many a predator.

:gig

I agree they recognize them as a predator. But dang....they go ninja instantly. And when they want too...they can really move it. They got a head start on me. Took a bit to catch up to them!

My Turkeys ignore the cats. Of course, they are conditioned to each other as they live in the same building.

Even when outside I will see the cat rubbing her back against the turkey's legs and breast and the turkeys tolerating it.

No movement in the house turkey egg as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom