A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Guy next door banged on my door yesterday...Iris was on the loose in his back yard. Grabbed my shoes & jacket, by the time I got over ther he was sitting on the back of his trailer which was piled high with firewood. And Iris was on top of the pile. He was calmly having a conversation with her. All kind of cute until he told me she was trying to buy his load of wood. Seriously...the two of the were sitting there having a convo. Poor guy was ready to pull out & didnt wanted a ride along. He didn't want to move the trailer for fear of scaring her. She was having fun inspecting the pile of wood. I'm so lucky to have such thoughtful neighbors. He's a country boy and likes the his turkey neighbors. Dang birds have the whole neighborhood wrapped around their tail feathers.

Quick reminder that these mini photo contests end the 9th....just in case anyone is thinking about entering. Not bugging y'all....its just cool to see our turkeys represent! Surprised there isn't more peacock entries. They have a pretty active group....I sneak over there to check out their pictures....such beautiful birds! Lots of quail...they are too cute! Lots of dux...to be expected. And a good bunch of turkey shots! Some from folks not part if our flock...wish they'd come hang out....always fun for me to see other flocks & hear their stories. I'm always learning something.

Heck Gluglu....that pasta looks pretty good!! Gourmet! See y'all!! I'm NOT the only one with spoiled turkeys!! Gluglu....you have a lot of turkeys....do you sell them to folks for food?? Do they go into a coop at night. Just curious how you manage so many birds. They sure seem happy & healthy!

I rear those for economic purpose, it`s my third year doing this after my friends asked me to raise for them too, Before doing this i used to rear those in small numbers only for my family(80-100). They go in a coop for the night time(foxes would kill them all), daytime they roam in a 1 acre yard. I pasture them the vecinity of my yard(living in country side in Romania) everyday,

600....all turkeys?? Wow! How cool. That's a lot of turkey customers. Do you butcher them for folks or sell them live? I'm finding your turkey operation interesting.

If I had kept Pops...I'd be covered up in turkey poults! I can't trust myself. One one hand I'd love wrangling 600 turkeys....on the other hand....my lap is not that big!! I'm such a turkey pet person....

Hi all I def plan on going through these comments because we are new turkey owners. Fiancé and I just got a slate blue from a friend of his who is trying to cut down on his flock. His name is Wilson- reference to Home Improvement’s Wilson because they said he used to stay in the area behind the fence by himself and peak over :lol:. We just got a royal palm girlfriend for him. We have geese, chickens, and ducks- I have a feeling we’ll be getting more turkeys though because I love them already! Looking for a name for the girl if anyone has suggestions!
That’s Wilson having a nice little fight with our bantam roo because he is dumb and would not stop attacking him... he finally learned though

Attachments

• 48C95504-7E7B-431F-B3F8-D9351CDA2201.jpeg
    48C95504-7E7B-431F-B3F8-D9351CDA2201.jpeg
    902.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi all I def plan on going through these comments because we are new turkey owners. Fiancé and I just got a slate blue from a friend of his who is trying to cut down on his flock. His name is Wilson- reference to Home Improvement’s Wilson because they said he used to stay in the area behind the fence by himself and peak over :lol:. We just got a royal palm girlfriend for him. We have geese, chickens, and ducks- I have a feeling we’ll be getting more turkeys though because I love them already! Looking for a name for the girl if anyone has suggestions!
That’s Wilson having a nice little fight with our bantam roo because he is dumb and would not stop attacking him... he finally learned though
I would need to see a better picture of that tom since from that pic, he does not appear to be a Blue Slate.

I honestly don’t know if he is that’s what the guy told us but I’m not experienced with turkeys at all what would you say he is?
I am not seeing the black spots/blotches that are present on a Blue Slate. If those spots are not present, it is likely a Self Blue aka Lavender. When you breed a Blue Slate to a Blue Slate, the possible outcomes are Blue Slate, Self Blue and Black.

Back
Top Bottom