A Dark Cornish Story

My daughter shows Dark Cornish bantams, The are odd little birds, but she carries them around and just loves them

This is Holly, her personal Favorite, She was our first one
12879_holly.jpg

12879_holly5.jpg

Some group shots

12879_cornish.jpg

12879_cornishjpg1.jpg

12879_cornishjpg3.jpg

12879_cornishjpg4.jpg

Last edited:
Very good posts. The birds from breeders look like tough guys with their bowed legs. I have a big black rooster from Nature's hatchery. He has a nice meaty breast, but straight longer legs. This might be a plus for breeding.

Good thread thank you for starting it. As you are finding out large fowl SQ Dark Cornish are very hard to find, for whatever reason most of the show birds are bantams. How are yours temperment wise? Ours are on the flighty side.

Steve

they are ugly little birds arnt they? I think im going to get them as meat birds in the spring after reading this thread....I dont want cornishX as they creep me out but these seem to be a great alternitive...

god update, thanks for sharing, please keep doing so! I saw my first blue shamo's this last month . . . WOW! Fi I can find some they are getting added to my breeding program for sure.

My mom has a dark cornish rooster. His feathers are gorgeous. The rest of him I don't care for. She has 4 other roosters and that poor guy is at the bottom of the pecking order. So, as a way to make himself feel better he tries to attack us. I've tried to find him a new home, but nobody wants him. I think he'd be a nice chicken if he wasn't getting worked over by the other roosters all the time. I'll post a pic as soon as I get one.

Back
Top Bottom