a dog attacked my Amy :(

jaxia

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 1, 2014
Broken Arrow, ok
My baby Amy was attacked by a dog this evening! Stupid little terrier dog. I hadnt ever seen this dog before until about an hour before, he was wandering with a family walking down the streetn he stopped to pee on my tree and I almost said something to the lady, but I didnt want to come off rude. I should have just been rude :(. Amy has multiple punctures on her wing and chest, but the worst part is her tail and lower back. She has tears, deep punctures and at least one broken rib. She was able to stand but when she went to stretch her right leg, her left leg kinda gave out for a sec. I called my very good friend who rushed over and she and her husband cleaned Amy up and stitched up the 3 areas that were bad and gave her a tylan shot. Now its a waiting game. Amy was my very first chick so she is very special to me. And not to be rude but I HATE that dog! Please keep my Amy Farrah Fowler in your prayers!

Last edited:
I was really hoping this would be one of those stories that had a happy ending, but its not. I lost her. I think this may be the end of my chicken momma experience. Too much heartbreak. We've lost 3 in the 5 months we've been chicken parents and I think thats just about enuf for me. :(

Oh my that is just awful. I sure Hope Amy makes it . Take one of pictures and put it on that lady's door in a nice frame as a special reminder to keep her dog under control. As a nice jester of course.
somad.gif
We can't be mean in times like this.
somad.gif

We had a neighbor who has since moved thank goodness who's dog would spend weeks digging under our fence and when it got under it would teroize our goats since then the goat's have gotten mean and wouldn't let the dog chase them when he got bored of being bashed by the goats he went on to the chickens

He killed our only rooster who managed to make enough noise to alert me and I was home that day hence the chickens were out and I ran out and put a beating on that dog wouldn't forget and then the dogs owner was mad that I gave his dog some kind of weird injury which was a lie the next week the dog was back at work tormenting someone else's animals

Back
Top Bottom