A great weekend making egg ornaments!

Shayna

I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Midwest
My kids and I gave egg ornaments a try this weekend and it was great! They turned out really well. Just thought I'd share for others who might enjoy attempting to be crafty too. We had so much fun! We plan to give some out to family also.
smile.png

If you're interested, I did this thanks to ADozenGirlz! Her blog has great how-to instructions: http://eggcartonlabels.blogspot.com/2011/10/egg-blowing-101-and-how-to-decorate.html

While
you're at it, you should vote for her egg ornament tree too- http://www.cooperboone.com/eat/contest TREE #35, Kathy M. It's truly beautiful.
smile.png
Voting is allowed once a day!

Our ornaments:

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! Not bad for our first attempt. I'm looking forward to making this a new tradition.

It wasn't too time consuming. The longest part was waiting for the Mod Podge coating to dry.

They came out beautifully! Thanks for sharing the link and for posting the contest link for my Egg Tree!!
I look forward to seeing you on Facebook.
smile.png

Did you blow them first?
What a cute idea! Over the years I have saved everyones' first eggs whenever possible - now I know what to do with them!

Quote:
Yep, you blow them out first, which wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. I learned how to do it from adozengirlz. I posted a couple links at the top, one gives her directions that I followed and the other is of her pretty egg ornament tree. I had to share it! I enjoy being crafty, even if I'm not especially talented. It was easy to do.
smile.png

Quote:
Yep, you blow them out first, which wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. I learned how to do it from adozengirlz. I posted a couple links at the top, one gives her directions that I followed and the other is of her pretty egg ornament tree. I had to share it! I enjoy being crafty, even if I'm not especially talented. It was easy to do.
smile.png

Yours came out beautifully! Thanks for sharing on my FB wall!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom