A Guide to Humidity, Weighing and Lockdown.

This and the other thread need to be stickied.

Pete55-Looks like today is the great day! I have dips in quite a few of my air cells. I removed the turner and placed the in cartons big end up like they were in the turner. Should I stop turning? Is this lockdown time, or should I wait? I have to go to work so I'm worried some might pip in too low humidity.

The difference between the eggs air cell today and even weight is AMAZING. I can feel it. They air cells are exactly where I expect them to be on most. I think I saw a shadow in one too. No external pips, but I think could happen while I'm at work.

Hi

Thats great to hear and pleased the guides have helped you. Now your air cells have dipped the eggs can be placed with the most aircell uppermost and stop turning. Shadows will move into the air cell and at that point listen for the faint sound of regular clicking/tapping. The regular clicking confirms internal pipping and its time then to increase the humidity for lockdown
big_smile.png

Wishing you the best of luck
fl.gif

Pete
wink.png

YaY! I
woot.gif
have internal pipping! My humidity was 60-64% yesterday and I did not add any h2o today until I could hear the clicking and see the chick moving in the air cell! When do I know to do any artificial external pipping?

do you weigh every single egg? Or do you just weigh one or a few to see if they are on track? Also, you said in a previous post that in lock down you place the egg with large end up. Is it ok to take them out of the turner and lay them on their sides?

Hi! All of my eggs that went into lockdown hatched! Yes I did do the artificial external pip on the ones I could see had internally pipped but did not make progress. I made sure the humidity was 70% and nobody was in the middle of zipping. I would have NEVER attempted to candle during lockdown but following your guide helped along with nerves of steel and patience. Thanks so much for these guides and pics!
thumbsup.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

OOOHH MODDSS! CAN WE GET THIS STICKIED!!! PLEEAASE!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Sorry I've not been around but a busy week with work commitments!

Very pleased to hear about your results and congatulations
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Im pleased the Guides helped you and appreicate your compliments
big_smile.png
smile.png

Pete
wink.png

Thank you to those of you who thought this Guide was useful enough to be stickied. I hope it proves helpful to those who read it and improve their sucess rates
smile.png

Pete
wink.png

Pete55
if i use just supermarket eggs to test with... will they lose the same weight in the first 7 days as a fertile egg if i have my bator setup right?

oh i wish this was last week...the info on here is very helpful and needs to be STICKIED...

I was wondering also...do you weigh all the eggs or just a few to see if they are on track?

so if I get this right...you weight all the eggs before setting...write it down and then weight them each week? or how many times should you weight them?

thanks for all this awesome info...

Back
Top Bottom