A Heritage of Perfection: Standard-bred Large Fowl

Congrats to YHF and his RC Ancona for getting Reserve Mediteranean at the congress today!

Thank you, everyone! It was an exciting win. She's a strong pullet. It was the same scenario as the Ohio National. Bill Sandoe took Ch Med with an White Leghorn pullet, and I took Res CH Med with an Ancona.

Thank you, Jill, for posting this photo. I was so busy that I had no time to take any!

Best,

Joseph

Today Harry Halbach passed away. It has been on my mind throughout the day. Harry was one of the most prominent figures in standard-bred poultry of the the 20th century. The stories that I've heard concerning his poultry life are the things of chicken legend, a person to whom I might aspire but will never attain even a fraction of his knowledge. It is so sad to see these heroes go, and yet we are so fortunate and grateful to have had their influence. Indeed, Harry's influence is in many, many of the best lines we still cherish today. Resquiat in pace.

Today Harry Halbach passed away. It has been on my mind throughout the day. Harry was one of the most prominent figures in standard-bred poultry of the the 20th century. The stories that I've heard concerning his poultry life are the things of chicken legend, a person to whom I might aspire but will never attain even a fraction of his knowledge. It is so sad to see these heroes go, and yet we are so fortunate and grateful to have had their influence. Indeed, Harry's influence is in many, many of the best lines we still cherish today. Resquiat in pace.
Very few new people know of the scope of Harry Halbach's influence in the poultry world. He was one of my early mentors, and a friend for 50 years .I hope the Halbach family continue Harry's reputation for excellence, integrity, and education of newcomers, as I once was myself. He will be sorely missed by the fancy.Hopefully Harry, you will NOT meet up with my Greater Canada gander, Rambo, who almost choked you, by grabbing your tie at Dalton 30 years ago.Rest in peace , my friend.

Very few new people know of the scope of Harry Halbach's influence in the poultry world. He was one of my early mentors, and a friend for 50 years .I hope the Halbach family continue Harry's reputation for excellence, integrity, and education of newcomers, as I once was myself. He will be sorely missed by the fancy.Hopefully Harry, you will NOT meet up with my Greater Canada gander, Rambo, who almost choked you, by grabbing your tie at Dalton 30 years ago.Rest in peace , my friend.
I was hoping you and maybe Walt would chime in and add the personal note that I, alas, cannot. I had hoped one day to meet him and just sit and listen to him. I am enthralled by story and for all I've heard from others, he was an entire encyclopedia of knowledge and experience.

Harry had a huge influence on the poultry world. He and his wife Vi were bot Presidents of the APA. They were both very hard working Presidents. Many changes occurred during their tenure. I always enjoyed talking to Harry and fortunately I was able to spend a day with him this past June. Another of the great ones gone.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom