A new Hobby Soap making Love it

If anybody wants the basic soap recipe, materials list, instructions, just PM me with your e-mail address and I'll be happy to send some detailed instructions.

I've used lavender Kassandra. I grow my own, so I dry it and cook it with olive oil to infuse it. I then take some of the dried flower and crush them up and add to my base oils for a bit of texture and exfoliant.

The plain wooden boxes with lids are great molds. I found a man on E-Bay who made some for me that were my specific measurements at a very reasonable rate and I love them. I'll try to take a picture of it later and post. I'm going to cut my chamomile soap that I made Friday and will post pictures, too.

Beautiful soaps!!! Maybe one day I will start doing the loaf style. It seems to be easier that way.

Right now to make our Goat's Milk Soaps, we are buying milk from a lady who has dairy goats in milk about a hour drive away. That's going to change hopefully next year when we will have does old enough to breed and milk ourselves.

Could you pm me your Goat milk recipe. I want to try it again but don't have a good recipe.

Hi Bama-I'm in Bama too!!! I don't know where you are in Alabama, but if you have an Earth Fare or World Market store close by, they carry palm oil. I got mine at the Earth Fare store in Auburn, Alabama. Love your soaps by the way!!

Don't PM the goat milk recipe share it here. Or PM me too!
big_smile.png
haha

Joy or Julie, the powdered milk in the chamomile recipe... What properties does it add? Or what benefit? Creaminess? Could it be replaced with some of the water for some fresh goats milk? Just curious what the replacement value/ benefits etc might be.

I love lavender scent but didn't know if it got real overpowering in the soap and needed to be toned down with something or not.

The basic recipe I give all beginners (in %, plug them into soapcalc.net for whatever size you are doing)

50% Olive Oil
25% Coconut
25% Palm or Lard

I like to use a 7% superfat.

I have done milk soaps all different ways. Because I like to use silk fibers in all my soaps, my preferred method is to use equal parts lye and water. Mix those two together and let cool. When you have your oils melted and cooled to temp, add your milk (whatever amount you want to use depending on your lye concentration) to your lye and then pour right away into your oils. I like this method because I don't have to mess with freezing milk or worry about scorching it and I can still use my silk. You can also use this way and instead of using liquid milk, you stick blend the powder into your oils and then add the lye water. I really cant tell the difference between the raw milk, powdered milk or canned milk.

If you don't want to use coconut, I would look into getting some babassu and Palm KERNAL oil (different than reg palm).

Ok. Thanks for an answer but still a bit confused. How do you determine what your lye/ water:milk ratio is? The calc I looked at didn seem to take extra stuff into account, or what the "extra stuff" was more specifically.

I took a few pictures of my molds that I use. I found a man who made these at a very reasonable price, exactly to my specifications. I can probably find his contact info if anybody wants it. I also have added a couple of pictures of my chamomile soap that I made Friday.

Soapmoldandlid.jpg

Soapmold.jpg

Soapmoldwithlid.jpg

A close up

Soapcloseup.jpg

1 batch of Chamomile/Neroli

Soap.jpg

Back
Top Bottom