A new Hobby Soap making Love it

Quote:
Kassandra,

I infuse my olive oil with lavender in the crockpot. I also infuse my olive oil with chamomile. I let it cook on low for 2-3 hours. I like a strong smell, and I do not have to add any fragrance oil or essential oil to my soap. The fragrance is very strong and does not fade. That is just my experience. I have a very dear friend who has been making soap for 20+ years and this is what she does - it works great for me.

Quote:
Kassandra,

I infuse my olive oil with lavender in the crockpot. I also infuse my olive oil with chamomile. I let it cook on low for 2-3 hours. I like a strong smell, and I do not have to add any fragrance oil or essential oil to my soap. The fragrance is very strong and does not fade. That is just my experience. I have a very dear friend who has been making soap for 20+ years and this is what she does - it works great for me.

I think I need a soap making day with you to get this down pat! LOL Jimmy makin soap at the farm? hehehehe

Quote:
Kassandra,

I think I need a soap making day with you to get this down pat! LOL Jimmy makin soap at the farm? hehehehe

Oh Sandy - would that not be a hoot !!! I'll give Jimmy a call and ask if he is up for soap-making company!! LOL. I sent you some of my chamomile soap - how is the scent for you? Is it strong enough?

LOL I think I'll send him off a note asking if soap making at the farm will work!

I love both scent you sent me!!! I can't waste them, set them up when I'm finished and told DH do not touch my soap!!!

Quote:
Seriously - we should try to do this. THe men can work outside, us ladies can make soap !! It would be fun !!!

thumbsup.gif
Sounds like a plan!!

Thanks all for the advice!! We'll see what happens. I've been asleep since I worked last night and have 2 pkgs!!!
wee.gif
my flowers from SOC and my sweet cakes box. A BB box was supposed to get here today too??!!

Y'all let me know when you're soaping and I'll hop a plane!! Lol! Maybe I can sneak some chicks home in a mold or something!
big_smile.png

Good Luck! I love OMH scent!!

Glad to hear that others have had success with infusing and getting a scent. It's not something I have been able to get.

I've done hot process soap in a crockpot successfully but this thread led to me making my first batch of cold process blender soap. OMG *throws out the crockpot* so much easier! I made a batch of laundry soap, I wanted it really harsh and stuff but the soap turned out wonderful. Nice, good textured, hard bars. But I gotta let them cure before really using them. So far though I'm loving it.

Back
Top Bottom