A new Hobby Soap making Love it

Quote:
Thank you!!! Tell Imogene she could make a killing selling us all some of those!! I'll have to see if hubby is up to the task!!

She is making us some so we can soap together. I love that Imogene. She is skilled and creative too.

The soap and mold lookd great!!

Do you like the mold with anything? I have silicone molds that my dh made and I love those. The acrylic one I bought from Logan Bear Candles are great no line molds *if* you unmold and just the right time. If you wait too long it's too hard to get off so I have to baby sit those molds.

NEVER use aluminum to make soap!!! The lye will melt it! Use a good quality plastic, enamel or stainless steel.

I see a Japanese samuri soldier.... Who's yelling. Ha. Weird how everyone sees something different. Its beautiful!!

I'd buy another mold f she just so happened to want to make an extra... Just saying.

Sandy, it's a stainless pot that i usually use to boil pasta. It's the perfect size for the 25 bar batch recipe that I'm using.

So Julie, you got Imogene making soap now too, huh? lol Joy's created monsters, I tell you.We're all gonna be soaping fools.
barnie.gif
I really like that mold. I'm anxious to see if it unmolds without lining it. Let us know, ok? And thanks for the compliment. I know they don't look like much, and aren't anything fancy, but I'm just excited that yesterday's batch went so much better. I spoke with Joy last night, and she gave me lots of tips. She's been making soap for quite awhile, so I figure she must know what she's doing.

Morgaine, the design on that soap could be the Red Queen from "Alice in Wonderland" if only she had red hair. That is very cool!

I have got so used to lining my molds I really dont mind I can do it pretty quick and I ussually do it whle the lye is cooling.

Paula. Glad second batch worked better for you. Can't wait to unmold mine. Heck, can't wait to unwrap mine this evening. Still nice and warm in there though. Hope it's not a mess.
fl.gif

Ok uncovered soaps. Look ok. On my OMH there are a few small areas that are really light colored. Almost whitish. Feel to be same texture, firmness, consistency as the rest. Haven't tried to see if it saps yet or not. I feel like it may just be Shea butter that didn't get mixed in good but find that hard to believe. Well see in a few days. I tried a honeycomb texture lime I saw Morgaine do on a soap and there are a few spots that are.... Eh. Well see when I cut how it looks. The chamomile that i tried to swirl is ugly as sin right now but I'm crossing fingers that when I cut it it'll look better. I'm up in the air about the scent. I hope it evolves into something better because I have about 9 more ounces.

As samples in my orders from BB I got plumeria and wakeup Rosemary. Plumeria self explanatory. Florally, sweet not my fav but... Wake up Rosemary smells to be a mixture of rm and some type of mint. I haven't looked it up to see what. Strong but tamed down could be nice...

I have never used Chamomille FO. Only the dry flowers. I crush about 1 cup of them to add at trace. I strain the the oil where I cook them in a tea strainer and use in the soap.

Imogene said she would make anyone that wants a mold like that for 56 dollars plus shipping. Let me know if your interested and I will get your her contact info

Back
Top Bottom