A new Hobby Soap making Love it

Quote:
It's Yuzu Grapefruit. So very citrus-y. I bought it at recommendation of many on these boards. I think Morgaine and several others had highly recommended it. It smells good so far.

Negative note - did a batch of econocuke-cucumber. Seized almost immediately. I don't remember reading about cucumber doing that???? Any body know what happened

Nevermind - now that I go and look again, it is known to seize. When I bought it months ago I bought it at recommendation on these threads..... I thought?? Oh well, ya live ya leard. Cucumber floap here we come. At least this one has a decent smell the seized batch the other day smells horrible.... still.

Same question on both soap threads, because I don't know which one is getting more activity now.

I want to make an almond goat's milk soap. I'm looking for a honey almond scent with a strong almond but with the sweetness of honey. Which one's have you guys used, what did you like or dislike about it, and who sell's the best?

I've been reading up on soapmaking..I'm just a chicken to give it a try as I'm accident prone..
hmm.png
But I bought some last weekend at a craft fair..Dh isn't convinced, but the girls love there's...It's red,white and blue and smells like the bomb pop popcicles..I'd love to make the cupcake bathbombs as gifts, but scared...

Welcome mayarebecca and little_chick! little_chick, it isn't hard at all if you go slow and follow the directions. I would suggest you start reading the "Soapmakers help!" thread. It is a long thread, but that is where I started this past May. I read and took notes and I still refer back to the thread occasionally. I'm no expert yet, only 5 batches under my belt, but that is where I started. Have fun!
I have a question also. Do you all use fresh or dried herbs and which is best, or does it matter? I have some in my garden and would like to use them.

Back
Top Bottom