AAARRRRR dogs-- what else?

mommy9994

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
central VA
we've had a stray hanging around here for the last few days. Our neighbor next door said that she belonged across the street. This evening I came home from grocery shopping to find said dog run under the neighbor's barbed wire fence, and across the street with one of my bsl pullets in her mouth:mad::mad: Dh and I (he was home, but didn't see it happen) walked across the street to meet with the neighbor. Not his dog. Never saw it before this week, but it seemed friendly enough (she really is a friendly dog-- just likes chickens). Maybe someone dumped it, it happens. Dh called the neighbor behind us who knows everyone in that area (they are all related). Nope, don't know who the dog belongs too, just showed up a few days ago. Probly dumped. Nice dog though, you're not going to kill it are you?

Dh and ds took her to the next county, where thier hs has kennels to put animals in after hours. In her defence, if she was dumped, and it looks like she prob. was, she was hungry. She is friendly with other dogs and ppl, so I hope she will find a good (chicken free) home.

GGGGGGGRRRRRRR We've not had dog issues for quite a while. While dh and ds were out with the dog, my dogs heard a dog barking and wanted out. They came back in after a bit. Dh got home and said that there was a chow at the end of the driveway with an orange collar. GRRRRRRR again. Fortunately, I've found that those that put the orange collars on their dogs (generally hunting dogs, not chows), keep their dogs under control. Likely this is just a case of the dog got out.

Back
Top Bottom