Abandoned Mystery Rooster

Kornet

In the Brooder
May 22, 2020
Hello, last week somebody dumped this sweet boy at my farm in Tasmania, making him my first chicken.. could anyone give me an idea as to the age and breed? I'm leaning toward Australorp but his leg colour doesn't match? It's tricky to tell as he has quite bad scaly leg which I'm in the process of curing. Also the soles of his feet appear yellowish.. Could he be a Jersery Giant or mix? He has such a beautiful purple-green tinge in the sun. I am currently speed building a coop and will get him some hens, but want to get them the same breed as him. So any help is much welcomed~
IMG_20200523_074335.jpg

Hey, I’m also from Australia, he does seem to look like a australorp mix but I think you’re on the right track saying jersey giant mix, so you won’t be able to him hens with the exact breed but you can put him other larger breeds! Good luck!

Hey, I’m also from Australia, he does seem to look like a australorp mix but I think you’re on the right track saying jersey giant mix, so you won’t be able to him hens with the exact breed but you can put him other larger breeds! Good luck!
Ah so he is a mix! Thanks so much, I wasnt sure.

Back
Top Bottom