Assil or Shamo? Hen or rooster?

Oh wow! So he would have been 4 weeks? He fit in my hand

I wouldn't say anything for certain, but these birds take a LONG time to grow, and coupled with the fact that he could've been a small guy to begin with, it's possible. My brahma×aseel fit in my hand (excluding the legs) until 4 weeks, and the same went for his father at 2 months

This is very much male dependent (I've tried this with zero success, like any other form of "punishment" for that matter). Let's also remember that this is a gamefowl, not a regular chicken. I've yet to see a human aggressive gamefowl, and I doubt that this will be it
I have had success in all of my tries of pinning, though I agree it varies. I have seen a multitude of roosters ignore their owners' pinnings and still attack. I have never seen an aggressive gamefowl either, they are some of the nicest things to humans. But anything can turn.

I rescued this guy when he was about a week old. Found him in my yard, scalped. Thought he was a regular chicken. When he was 3 weeks i paid to have his head stitched shut as his skull was showing and it was getting worse. the vets thought he was a turkey lol. he is 12 weeks old now. no crowing yet. I dont know if it's a he or she? he has started getting fiesty. if i cross my legs he attacks my foot lol. his neck feathers raise up and he runs/stomps his feet then attacks with feet then beak lol. I think it’s playful but scary 🤣. Anyway if anyone can help me with breed and gender that would be amazing. He is my baby! Or she, lol. Name is big bird, 12 weeks old. The tuft of feathers on the side of his head is from the stitches lol
He’s so cute!!!

Yes, correct. Those two are not so far apart, the development of a shamo is pretty similar, if not more dragged out
Thank you for all your help! This was the first week. Omg I miss him being little lol

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0574.jpeg
    IMG_0574.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0582.jpeg
    IMG_0582.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0588.jpeg
    IMG_0588.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 11
His head just got worse as you see, until I brought him in and got it stitched. So worth it. The red was medicine not blood

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpeg
    IMG_1153.jpeg
    436.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0826.jpeg
    IMG_0826.jpeg
    487.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    901.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0633.jpeg
    IMG_0633.jpeg
    518.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 10
Thank you for all your help! This was the first week. Omg I miss him being little lol

Oh it's good that you got the photos. My theory has officially been disproven. The only way he could've gotten that kind of wound at such a young age, is either some kind of attack where he magically survived, or his mother tried to kill him

Back
Top Bottom