Accidentally hatched egg UPDATE

The chick is up and moving šŸ˜³ I am actually shocked. It even took off running from me!

Gave some yolk last night and washed him (because Iā€™m 100% sure itā€™s a rooster) off because he his feathers were hard and stuck to him. Band aid around his legs because he has slight splayed legs. šŸ¤žšŸ¤ž he pulls through for me to cuss out for being a jerk later in his life lol
Awesome! Is everything absorbed now?

Attachments

• 136377B9-BFF1-4714-996B-494F55947F87.jpeg
    136377B9-BFF1-4714-996B-494F55947F87.jpeg
    590.6 KB · Views: 19
  • D0AE673D-444C-4DBA-A3E5-E9D020461FD6.jpeg
    D0AE673D-444C-4DBA-A3E5-E9D020461FD6.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 19
I guess the next problem will be what to do with it once it gets all of its strength šŸ˜ž Iā€™m thinking itā€™ll be too late to put with mom and other babies

I guess the next problem will be what to do with it once it gets all of its strength šŸ˜ž Iā€™m thinking itā€™ll be too late to put with mom and other babies
At this stage, mom might not accept it. Can you get him a couple other friends his age, lol? Maybe slip them under a broody without any babies (if you have one) or keep them in a brooder?

At this stage, mom might not accept it. Can you get him a couple other friends his age, lol? Maybe slip them under a broody without any babies (if you have one) or keep them in a brooder?
Iā€™m actually running up to Cackle Hatchery today to get it some friends and weā€™re just going to use a brooder. Do you think it would be smart to take other chicks from momma and put with brooder chicks? Theyā€™re 4 days older.

Iā€™m actually running up to Cackle Hatchery today to get it some friends and weā€™re just going to use a brooder. Do you think it would be smart to take other chicks from momma and put with brooder chicks? Theyā€™re 4 days older.
Depends. Howā€™s momma doing? You might be able to do that if they all get along, but iā€™d be worried about the older ones picking on the younger ones.

Back
Top Bottom