Accidentally hatched egg UPDATE

The chick is up and moving 😳 I am actually shocked. It even took off running from me!

Gave some yolk last night and washed him (because I’m 100% sure it’s a rooster) off because he his feathers were hard and stuck to him. Band aid around his legs because he has slight splayed legs. 🤞🤞 he pulls through for me to cuss out for being a jerk later in his life lol
Awesome! Is everything absorbed now?

Attachments

• 136377B9-BFF1-4714-996B-494F55947F87.jpeg
    136377B9-BFF1-4714-996B-494F55947F87.jpeg
    590.6 KB · Views: 19
  • D0AE673D-444C-4DBA-A3E5-E9D020461FD6.jpeg
    D0AE673D-444C-4DBA-A3E5-E9D020461FD6.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 19
I guess the next problem will be what to do with it once it gets all of its strength 😞 I’m thinking it’ll be too late to put with mom and other babies

I guess the next problem will be what to do with it once it gets all of its strength 😞 I’m thinking it’ll be too late to put with mom and other babies
At this stage, mom might not accept it. Can you get him a couple other friends his age, lol? Maybe slip them under a broody without any babies (if you have one) or keep them in a brooder?

At this stage, mom might not accept it. Can you get him a couple other friends his age, lol? Maybe slip them under a broody without any babies (if you have one) or keep them in a brooder?
I’m actually running up to Cackle Hatchery today to get it some friends and we’re just going to use a brooder. Do you think it would be smart to take other chicks from momma and put with brooder chicks? They’re 4 days older.

I’m actually running up to Cackle Hatchery today to get it some friends and we’re just going to use a brooder. Do you think it would be smart to take other chicks from momma and put with brooder chicks? They’re 4 days older.
Depends. How’s momma doing? You might be able to do that if they all get along, but i’d be worried about the older ones picking on the younger ones.

Back
Top Bottom