Acorn size lump at base of ankle

I'm sorry that I didn't see your latest post earlier. I was just looking at th pictures on your new thread. It really doesn't look like bumblefoot since you posted the pictures of the foot pad. There is some on two toes. It also looks like she may have some slight scaly leg mites from the raised scales. For scaly leg mites, rubbing some castor oil under the scales once a week may help to kill the mites and grow new scales. I just wonder if her ankle joint is swollen from a sprain. Other reasons for a swollen foot joint is mycoplasma (MS,) a joint infection or gout. Most of the rime those can be seen in both feet, and MS may usually cause swelling in the hock joints as well. So, hopefully, it is just a sprain that may heal with some rest. Maybe others will have suggestions for you on the new thread.

My chicken looks to have the same thing the poor girl can’t walk on it and she has no scab to indicate Bumblefoot she’s pretty weak and I think she might be to late to save but I hope your chicken lives

Back
Top Bottom