Add One Sentence to the Story

He started walking around Joleen. He used the knife to pick at the undersides of his finger nails. " Was your father home, two nights ago? Did you notice anything out of the ordinary?" He asked, as he paused in front of her, waiting for her answer.

Last edited:
She looked down at her fingernails "He was home about two nights ago he was still there when I went to bed." The way the man glared told her that the story wasn't good enough "But I did wake up in the middle of the night to hear the door slam really hard and I assumed it was dad running from something."

"I was tired." She protested "I also had no idea at the time to investigate, I thought he was getting groceries or something. I never thought about it. He never tells me anything."

Victor brought the tip of the knife, to just below Joleen's ear. He let the cold metal brush the edge of her earlobe, she jumped with a gasp. He continued his questions, " Would you say that Aria's father and your own, are on very good terms with each other? Of course seeing that they both ran in certain circles together, that's probably obvious. But what I'm really interested in hearing is, how often did you see them together at your house? Off the clock, so to speak." Victor clarified for her.

Last edited:
Joleen had to really think about that comment " Not very often but often enough, Sometimes I see Aria's father come to our house and they'll go down to the basement alone. But he rarely does that when I'm home. I'm sure they wait until I'm out."

Victor removed the blade and started walking around again. He was thinking about that little bit of information. It was just as he had suspected. He stopped in front of Joleen again. "What's in the basement? Why meet down there?" He asked coldly.

Last edited:
Panic flooded Joleens mind "I-I don't know he get's furious if I ever try to go in there. My mother and I always knew dad was hiding something but do I have the foggiest clue? No!" Victor looked a Joleen and grinned "Than perhaps your brother knows."

Back
Top Bottom