Addressing new mini flock

Let us know what the testing shows. I think many vets freak out about avian influenza. It has been all over the last year or two, so most state vets test for it. Let’s hope he is negative for AI. Adding birds from others is always risky, but right now, it is more so. I will only get chicks from a hatchery or possibly a feed store. No birds from other people or breeders. It is just too risky.

I'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow. She agreed to pay the vet bills. I don't think it was intentional neglect. I think it was innocent ignorance if that makes sense. Right now he's eating a can of tuna and some all flock. Looks like he just went through a molt so I'm sure he could use the protein. He was being given layer feed.
Bless you for taking him in. I know he's going to love you so much once you get him back into shape. 1

So I'm kind of metaphorically crapping my pants. The first thing that my vet said was avian flu. They're testing him. I don't know if this is just because it's been in the news and it's been used as a scare tactic according to some.
Please let us know what happened. Prayers.

Back
Top Bottom